A passion for real cask ales
We brew beers exclusively for sale in our pubs, inns and hotels, with up to 6 different ales per month - so you know there's always going to be something new and exciting to try. We're pretty proud of our 200 year plus heritage as craft brewers and think Brian and the team do a tremendous job carrying on these wonderful traditions. Cheers boys!
- Spoilt for Choice?
- If you can’t decide which of our fantastic beers to sample first, why not try our Thoroughly Thirds – a taster board of 3 x 1/3rd pints of our very best brews?
- February 2017 Thwaites Seasonal Ales
- Hoplessly Devoted - Single Hop, Single Malt
Initial malt biscuit flavour
balanced by a bold, herby hop
character and a hint of orange
- On Yer Bike - 3.8% Golden Ale. With a subtle nuttiness, this blonde beer has hints of spice and orange citrus, triple hopped with English First Gold.
- Ruby Ruby - Ruby Ale
With a malt and oaty fullness,
and herbal and grapefruit hop
character - a real gem!
- Full of the Joys - Amber Bitter
Initial sweet malt and
well-rounded bitterness, with a
strong tropical fruit nose
followed by a dry biscuity finish.
- Cask Marque
- Cask marque inspection - November 2015 – 100% and ‘absolutely excellent’
- Our Award-Winning Ales
- International Brewing Awards - Lil Bewdy - Bronze Award International Keg
- Thwaites Bird Dock - Otley Beer Festival - Beer of the Festival
- Crafty Dan Range – Design Effectiveness Awards – Gold Medal
- Triple C - Brussels Beer Challenge - Gold Medal
- 13 Guns – International Beer Challenge – Silver – Best Packaging/Label
- Big Ben – International Beer Challenge – Silver – Best Brown Ale
- 13 Guns – International Beer Challenge – Silver – Best IPAs
- Crafty Dan – International Beer Challenge – Silver – Best Strong Ale
- Nutty Black – International Beer Challenge – Bronze – Best Mild
- 13 Guns – Indy Beer Can – Silver
- Crafty Dan - International Beer Challenge - SIlver Best Packaging / Label
- Big Ben - Interntional Beer Challenge - Best Brown Ale
- Crafty Dan – World Beer Awards – Gold – World’s Best Golden Ale
- Nutty Black – World Beer Awards – Gold – World’s Best Mild
- Big Ben – World Beer Awards – Gold – World’s Best Brown Ale
- Triple C – World Beer Awards – Silver – Europe’s Best Golden Ale
- 13 Guns – World Beer Awards – Gold – Europe’s Best IPA
- 13 Guns – Canadian Mondial de la Biere festival – Gold – Best IPA
- Big Ben – Hong Kong Beer Awards – Gold – Best Brown Ale
- Triple C – Brussels Beer Challenge – Overall Beer Champion