The Accelerate Management Development Programme is designed for graduates and takes place over a two year period. It provides graduates with the potential to progress into a management role with the skills and business experience to make the transition successful. Thereafter we expect graduates to be a key part of the talent pool within the Company.
You will be offered a permanent role from day 1 because we want to show our commitment to you. Over the two year period you will gain operational knowledge and experience within our Hotels & Spas, Inns, Pubs and Head Office – therefore an appetite to learn is essential. Each placement will be an introduction to an area of business and located at a different location. You must be prepared to live and travel around the UK to fully experience our full team network.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates who have attained a 2:1 Degree or equivalent level in Hospitality or Business and who have already gained 2-3 year’s relevant experience working within the Hospitality Industry. Proficient IT skills are required.
You’ll need a human touch – if you show these skills then you will go far. Key behaviours we look for include:-
- Understands our internal and external customer needs
- Able to take initiative and spot opportunities for improvements
- Commitment to self development through being inquisitive and challenging self
- Leadership behaviours
- Focused on getting things right the first time and completing tasks efficiently
- Able to build and maintain positive working relationships in teams and to operate cross functionally
- Commercial awareness – understands decisions which impact on cost, service and profit
What to expect as part of Accelerate
- A good mix of blended learning through practical experience and off the job training throughout the Hotels & Spas, Inns of Character, Pubs and Head Office
- Placement reviews after every 6 months where you will be appraised on your performance and given open and honest feedback to help you on your way to a management role
- One to one coaching and support from your placement manager
- A dedicated mentor
- A chance to further your vocational qualifications by joining the Food & Drink Academy
- Attend our ‘Stepping Into Management’ leadership programme and corporate people management workshops
What we offer
Here are some of the fantastic benefits that you would be entitled to if you joined Daniel Thwaites Plc.
- Quality on and off the job training
- Commitment to a permanent contract from day 1
- Competitive pay which will increase after successful completion of year 1 of the programme
- Enjoyable working environment
- Staff social events
- Company Pension scheme
- Staff discounts on beer/wine, food, rooms and spa & leisure facilities,
- Fully funded healthcare
- Life Assurance
- U-Refer – recommend a friend scheme
- Long service awards.
Live in accommodation may be available at some locations, this however is not guaranteed.
How to apply
To apply for the Graduate Programme you must have the right to work in the UK. No visa sponsorship will be granted.
Please email a personal statement and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline date for applications: 30th April 2017.