Corporate Social Responsibility
Our core businesses are:
- Thwaites Pub Company, our tenanted and managed pub estate
- Daniel Thwaites Inns, our individual characterful inns
- Daniel Thwaites Hotels & Spas, our full service 4 Star regional hotels
- Daniel Thwaites Lodges, our contemporary budget accommodation with a great food offer on hand
- Thwaites Brewery, our small Craft Brewery supplying beers exclusively to our hotels, inns, pubs and lodges.
Our commitment to corporate social responsibility is underpinned through our core values and our commitment to eye for quality, craftsmanship, innovation and warm hospitality. Our Directors ensure that each of our businesses works to improve performance across a wide range of CSR activities. Every year we will identify key CSR issues arising in the Company, agree actions for improvement as well as measuring how we have got on with the previous year’s objectives.
Our CSR principles:
- Shared Responsibility: We aim to develop and implement social and environmental policies which demonstrate our core values by involving our stakeholders to ensure shared ownership of responsibilities and rewards.
- Honesty, Integrity & Accountability: We will communicate our policies, objectives and performance openly and honestly to our stakeholders. We will listen to views and suggestions and encourage involvement.
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Continuous Improvement/Sustainability: We are committed to reviewing and measuring our CSR activities and performance. We will develop and implement CSR policies and procedures, monitor effectiveness and work towards improvements.
- Demonstrate Compliance: As a minimum we will meet or exceed all relevant legislation. Where no legislation exists, we aim to develop and implement our own appropriate standards.
Alcohol and consumption
We will respect our employees by encouraging their development and training, and provide a safe working environment. We are committed to ensuring that all employees receive equal treatment regardless of colour, nationality, race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age. Our aim is to provide satisfying employment in a successful business.
We have developed a corporate social responsibility strategy to embed these principles into our organisation, and have implemented a management framework to regularly monitor, audit and review our progress. This policy will be communicated to our stakeholders and will be followed by our employees and all those who work on our behalf.