Having been around for over 200 years, we understand the importance of being a sustainable business on three fronts; Ecological, Economical and Social.
We strive to use innovation and craftsmanship to deliver great service in a way that is kind to the planet, and allows us to be here for you for many centuries to come.
Here’s what we’re doing today.
- We use environmentally friendly manufacturing and operations in our supply chain where possible
- We’re working hard on recycling and waste reduction. We’ve been a member of WRAP since 2019
- We’re reducing single use plastics in all of our hotels and inns. Including removing plastic bottles from bedrooms and replacing them with glass bottles and refill stations on the corridors.
- We also use some of our brewing waste to feed the horses
- Maximum energy efficiency
- We produce renewable energy with solar panels and use renewable energy sources
- We aim to source our products from regional suppliers
- We have EV chargers at our brewery and hotels
- We believe in quality and craftsmanship, adopting the mantra of do it well, do it once with all of our property refurbishments across our pubs, brewery, hotels and inns.
- We source materials from Britain to ensure quality and reduce the carbon impact of our investments.
- We create classic timeless designs meaning that our investments have lifespans and economic returns.
- We encourage long term business relationships with partners to ensure stability for both them and us.
- We’re proud to employ local people across our hotels and inns to help support our local communities with sustainable jobs.
- We invest in training and development of our team members, equipping them with the skills for a prosperous career in hospitality.
- We promote a positive and supportive work environment.